Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Twilight Saga (all of them)

Zeb:
I watched both of these movies back to back last week with my sister and brother-in-law. I have to say the are a HUGE improvement over the first movie (which just sucked to be honest: I'd give it a 4.5/10).

New Moon:
Now that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have their characters somewhat down (and I have gotten past Pattinson not being hot enough to be Edward) I think their love was a little more believable. I don't like how they make you like Jacob in the movies though, when in the books I hate him (Go Team Edward!). I did really like how they portrayed Bella's loss after Edward leaves by just panning around Stewart sitting staring out the window as the words "October" "November" and "December" appear on the screen. It was almost more effective then when you flip those three pages in the book! The end of the movie is really what got me though. If your soul mate had broken your heart and left, would you so easily take them back? In the book she struggles with it for awhile and keeps believing that he will leave, but in the movie he's like "You're alive." And shes like "I love you and everything's fine." What?!? No. Wrong.
7/10

Eclipse:
This has been the best movie so far. Bella and Edward are even more believable in their roles, and a plus is that Edward is actually hotter in this movie. Now it has been a little longer since I've read this book, but I feel as though they were pretty true to it. I liked Charlie, Bella's dad, in this movie. He had an opportunity to provide a handful of laughs to lighten the movie some. The fight at the end was great, but I am disappointed that the recast Victoria for this movie. The one from the first two movies was much creepier.  I have to say they left me very excited to see the next one, Breaking Dawn. It's going to be released in a two parter like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was, but the first part isn't released until November.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment