Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Modern Family Season 1

This is a show I am so glad won an Emmy for this season; they deserved it! The show is a mockumentary and the humor is great. For those that don't watch the show, it is about a dad (Jay) that has a son (Mitchell) and daughter (Claire). Mitchell is gay and has a life partner named Cameron as well as an adopted Japanese daughter, Lilly. Claire is married to Phil and has three kids: Luke, Alex, and Haley. Jay is remarried to a younger hispanic women, Gloria, who has a son Manny. Confused yet? Every episode is just another day in the three families lives and shows how they all interact and get along. The characters are built so well and I don't know if I could even pick a favorite character because they all have hilarious moments. If you don't watch the show, then your crazy! I have the first season if anyone would like to give it a try.
10/10

Quotable Moments:
  • Phil: "The snowflake button makes is cold, cold, cold. The set temperature button makes it hold, hold, hold. The little flame button makes it hot, hot, hot....."
  • Claire: "Alex quit making fun of your sister, and Haley don't be such an easy target."
  • Phil: "LOL, laugh out loud. OMG, oh my god. WTF, why the face."
  • Cameron: "Did you hear that woman screaming my name?" Mitchell: "That was Phil. He had a Red Bulll 
  • Jay: "I mean, for me it's a locker room. For him, it's a showroom."
  • Gloria: "There was an old saying in my neighborhood: love is just around the corner. (side note to camera) I come from a neighborhood with a lot of prostitutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment