Sunday, August 8, 2010

How I Met Your Mother

Andrew:  Recently, Zeb and I have gone trough the entire series of How I Met Your Mother because while moving we didn't have internet or cable for almost a week. We just turned it on while unpacking and such. I was very skeptical going into this show when we started a few years ago. I saw one episode in the middle of season one when it first aired and didn't really like it. Now it may be might be my third or fourth favorite comedy of all time. The plot centers around a father telling his kids how he met their mother and the entire show is one big flashback. The characters are all really funny. Initially, the guys are completely the center of the comedy with support from the women. Later, the women step up and become much funnier particularly Robin. Think of it as a Friends for my generation. To me, the only reason I don't give it a 10/10 is because I reserve that for my favorite show/movie of a given category.
9/10

Zeb: I love this show! It's in my top 5 favorite comedy TV shows. It is such a great ensemble cast; it's hard to pick a favorite character since everyone has some wonderful moments. Season 2 is by far my favorite with episodes like Swarley, Slap Bet, and Stuff. I love how they carry on jokes from one season to the next like "Let's Go to the Mall" comes up again and again! The only thing that is getting a little annoying now that the show is about to start its sixth season, is that you still have not met the mom! I think that we need to see her to know who she is, but not necessarily "meet" her, so the show can continue. I am still excited for the season to start!
9/10

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't wait to see what you guys rate a 10! You must be holding it for something insanely good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great show. Definitely one of my favorites. I agree with both your reviews!

    ReplyDelete